Realising the need for providing quality English Medium education to students of the marginalize group in the society, especially Tribals and Dalits, Dr. Fr. K. C. Thomas, then Principal of St. Paul's School, Rourkela, began to think of starting another school in the outskirts of Rourkela, closer to the Tribal Villages. Dr. Fr. K. C. Thomas, along with Fr. Symphorian Kujur and Fr. Cherian took the initiative to begin the new school. Of course, we can say, this school is the brain child of Dr. Fr. K. C. Thomas. To materialize his dream 10 acres of land was purchased at Jhartarang, near Vedvyas, Rourkela.
Fr. Joseph Topno, the Provincial Superior, INE Province, laid the foundation stone on September 8th 2007 in the presence of a large number of well wishers. Construction of the School building began on 9th October 2007.
Fr. Symphorian Kujur, as its Principal and Fr. Tomi Gerorge as the Treasurer, reached Jhartarang on 7th of April 2008. The school began on 10th April 2008. The official inauguration of the school took place on the 19th of April, 2008. The Additional District Magistrate of Rourkela inaugurated the school building. Most Rev. Bp. John Barwa, SVD, the bishop of Rourkela did the blessing the school building. We had nearly 500 students during the first year and classes were up to std V.
Second year started on 23rd of March, 2009. The total strength of our students rose 975 and classes reached up to 7th standard. There were total 42 in the staff. Dr. Fr. K. C. Thomas took charge as the new Principal of the school on 1st of July 2009.
The third year of our school began on 17th of March, 2010 with a total strength of 1290 students and 55 members in the staff including non-teaching staff and maintenance staff. That year we had classes up to standard VIII.
The new session, 2011-12, began on 9th of March, 2011. The total strength of the school reached up to 1580. The School received No Objection Certificate from the Government of Orissa and also was affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi. Within a short period of time much has been done by the hard work of the Principal and staff.
The school was upgraded to Senior Secondary level in June 2015. Today the school has 3050 students and 110 staff members including maintenance staff.
To provide holistic education to students, we have activity classes which include Dance, Music, Casio, Art and Craft , Yoga and meditation and Karate. We have 3 computer labs and computer education is imparted to all students from standard one. We have audio-visual room to provide better learning experiences through audio-visual aids. We have physics, chemistry and biology labs for conducting experiments, two Basket ball courts and three badminton courts are already ready. To provide better learning experiences, the school imparts smart classes by the Educomp Group.
Our teachers provide quality education. They guide and direct through the path of knowledge and truth. They impart moral and religious classes. They impart good education to make the students good citizens of India and God's children. We hope the students who pass out of the portals of this institution would be well integrated persons, synthesizing their mind and heart with high and creative thinking for the molding of a better society.
|Year of establishment of school||April 2008|
|Academic session period||From 1st April 2019 to 31st March 2020|
|Vacation period||From 1st May 2019 to 16th June 2019|
|Admission Period||From December 2019 to April 2020|