The school library is central to learning and plays a key role as a place for encouraging innovation, curiosity, and problem solving. Library is a catalyst for literacy and reading and for teaching and scaffolding inquiry learning. School libraries make a difference to students' understanding and achievement and provide support for teaching and learning throughout the school. School library plays a key role in the cultural and social life of the school. It can be a central point for engagement with all kinds of reading, cultural activities, and access to information, knowledge building, deep thinking and lively discussion. The school library provides information and ideas that are fundamental to functioning successfully in today's information and knowledge-based society. The school library equips students with lifelong learning skills and develops the imagination, enabling them to live as responsible citizens.
The school library maintains a well-stocked, automated library with over 8186 books. Spacious reading rooms with over 24 magazines and 7 newspapers are provided at the library, with its atmosphere of peace and quiet, is an invitation to staff and students to enrich them by seeking information, knowledge and wisdom.
The Library has books under the following subjects:
|• Arts & craft.
• Environment and Ecology.
Aims and Objectives• support the teaching of the curriculum by providing resources for staff and all pupils across all subject areas
• provide books for recreational reading and try foster a love of reading for pleasure
• be a focal point for the teaching of information skills and to support independent study
• maintain a quiet and attractive environment for study
• provide opportunity for all pupils to have equal access to resources for their educational needs
• organize the resources so as to maximize their use and easy access.